JICNY RAFTING TRIP PACK LIST FOR SUNDAY, AUGUST 18th, 2019
- The weather is looking great for Sunday everyone- make sure to bring sunscreen and items below…
2. MEETING POINT: We are meeting at 7:45am at Northeast corner of 97th & Columbus Ave on the UWS (in front of Chase Bank). Departure will be 8am SHARP ( If not on the bus at 8am, the bus will still depart) Please be on time; there are no refunds issued if you miss the bus.
3. SUBWAY INFO: Trains 1,2,3 stop at 96th & Broadway. Trains B, C trains stop at 96th St. & CPW. Trains run infrequently early on Sunday mornings, so please schedule accordingly
4. PARKING: It is possible in the summer to get free parking, but give yourself allotted time. There is a parking garage on 97th St. between Columbus and Amsterdam
5. FOOD/ DRINKS:
- Bring breakfast and snacks/ food enough for the round- trip bus ride
- Bring a lunch packed in a ziplock bag inside another plastic bag.
- DRINKS: You will also need a minimum of 2 (large) bottles of drinking water.
- DO NOT BRING ANY GLASS BOTTLES; bring only plastic or cans.
- There is a 7/11 open on Amsterdam between 97 & 98th St in case you need any last minute food/drinks/coffee items
6. PACKING LIST
- The water is great to swim in so plan on wearing a swimsuit under your clothes
- 2 garbage bags to line your backpack
- Cell phone in waterproof container (but best to leave this on the bus)
- Camera/ extra batteries (if waterproof too)
- sun block
- change of clothes for after rafting to leave on the bus
- River sneakers or sandals with straps (no flip-flops)
- And any medications if needed
- Large and small trash bags for your litter
- Light snacks are available for purchase before getting back on the bus, so you may want to bring money (and keep in Ziploc bag)
- $2 tip for the bus driver
7. You can leave stuff on the bus - we suggest bringing a change of clothes and a towel as you will want dry clothes for return journey.
8. Rafting will conclude at 5pm. Late rafts will pay a fee. Bus will depart from rafting promptly at 5.30pm. We expect to return to NYC around 7:30pm depending on traffic. The bus will make only 1 stop at 97th and Columbus.
9. TIPS: Bus and raft entrance are included. We suggest a minimum of $2 tip per person for the bus driver that we will collect in the morning so please bring small bills for this.
10. Please PRINT and sign the Rafting waiver form and bring with you. form is here at the top of the page, https://kittatinny.com/river-trips/river-trip-faq/ CLICK ON RIVER "DAY TRIP WAIVERS"
11. LAST BUT MOST IMPORTANT: stay smart and do not come with a Sat night hangover - the combination of alcohol, sun and dehydration is not a good idea…..
We are looking forward to seeing you on Sunday morning! If you need to contact anyone, please call or text or whatsapp Jeff Stier at 646-245-1443
ENJOY the trip everyone!
The JICNY team!
CLICK HERE to go back to the information page