As a gateway into the Jewish experience and the first point of contact for individuals relocating to New York, JICNY provides participants with the resources and opportunities they require to secure a soft landing in New York, develop personal relationships with likeminded Jewish professionals, and connect with Jewish observance at an optimal personal level. With over 220 events per year, JICNY truly has something for everyone.
JICNY programming includes:
- A popular multi-tiered weekly learning platform on the Upper West Side of Manhattan, including a Torah class led by Steve Eisenberg and other engaging Torah and Jewish history lectures and relationship classes offered in English, Spanish, French and Russian;
- Monthly “gala” Shabbat dinners featuring guest speakers from around the world;
- Monthly cultural events, including engaging lectures, film nights, art and photography exhibitions, walking tours of Jewish neighborhoods, and cultural cooking;
- Bi-weekly professional networking events;
- Social events, including wine tasting evenings and rafting trips;
- Holiday parties;
- Israel advocacy programs;
- Post-birthright recharge trips, birthright for moms, and heritage tours to Berlin.